who we are
About Heart of Australia
Heart of Australia embodies the most innovative approach to front-line specialist medical service delivery in generations, specifically aiming to help Australians whose lives are threatened by this nation’s vast distances.
Heart of Australia delivers specialist healthcare and diagnostic testing to rural, remote, and First Nations communities across Queensland.
Our fit-for-purpose Heart Trucks – the custom-designed medical clinics-on-wheels – have saved our patients more than 34 million kilometres of travel, creating a more accessible pathway to specialists for those communities who are most at risk for chronic disease.
Since 2014 Heart of Australia has been improving health outcomes for rural, remote, and First Nations communities
To provide equal access to specialist healthcare for Australians living in rural, remote, and First Nations communities nationwide.
Heart of Australia delivers medical specialists and their equipment to rural, remote, and First Nations communities, giving Australians an equal chance at a long and healthy life.
Our Guiding Values
Equity & Respect
- Providing equitable access to specialist healthcare and equipment in rural, remote and Indigenous communities
- Delivering programs that are culturally appropriate, respectful and provide a safe environment for all
- Delivering healthcare, education, and training pathways to support health eco-systems of rural and remote towns, Heart of Australia helps to grow healthier and stronger communities
- Saving millions of kilometres in patient travel in need of healthcare by bringing services to their doorstep
- Building rural workforce capacity of healthcare professionals through training and workforce immersion programs
Integrity & Accountability
- Adhering to best practice and committing to doing what is right by patients, local GPs and their communities
- Being accountable to each other, our patients and the communities we serve, ensuring our actions match our values
- Continually challenging what’s possible in rural healthcare delivery and creating new solutions that deliver better patient health outcomes
- Working with local stakeholders to identify the healthcare needs of communities and engaging in purpose-driven partnerships to provide quality, specialist healthcare